The all-new Malta StartUp Residence Programme
Following the successful NOMAD programme, the Residency Malta Agency has been working with Malta Enterprise to set up a new programme to attract high-quality entrepreneurs who wish to operate in a country that can offer an array of advantages thanks to its geographical location, and enjoys economic and political stability that is supported by a well-structural and respected EU jurisdiction.
Residency Malta Agency together with Malta Enterprise, have launched the Malta Startup Residence Programme aimed at Non-Europeans who wish to start up their business in Malta. The Malta Startup Residence Programme grants beneficiaries a three year residence permit, extendable for an additional five years, during which beneficiaries are able to reside in Malta while launching their startup venture. In order to benefit for this programme applicants must have tangible presence in Malta, including living and paying taxes locally.
Intended for non-EU nationals, this competitive programme is specifically designed to facilitate the setting up of innovative startups and scale-ups in Malta whilst supporting the immigration process of their founders/co-founders, core employees and respective immediate family members. Beneficiaries of this programme need to have a tangible presence in Malta (including living and paying taxes locally).
To be eligible for the Startup Residence Programme one must satisfy the following conditions:
- Is the founder or the co-founder of an enterprise, which has been registered for not more than seven (7) years anywhere globally (including Malta);
- Third country nationals, excluding EU, EEA and Swiss are eligible. Nationals from (or have close ties with) Afghanistan, North Korea, Iran, Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Venezuela are ineligible;
- A founder, co-founder or core employee applying under this programme must be 18 years and older;
- The incorporated Startup in Malta is required to place a tangible investment and/or paid up share capital of not less than €25,000. In case where more than four (4) co-founders apply for the Startup Residence Permit, an additional €10,000 needs to be placed per additional co-founder. In any case, the maximum number of co-founders eligible for the Startup Residence Programme is six (6);
- A recognised health insurance covering risks in Malta for applicant and dependants;
- In possession of sufficient financial resources to support applicant and any other dependents;
- No criminal record or pending criminal charges and does not pose any potential threat to the national security, public policy, public health, or public interest; and
- Must not have previously had applications for a residence status or citizenship rejected in Malta or abroad.
Our multilingual professionals at DZ Advisory would be glad to assist you with your enquiries. If you would like to receive more information, please provide us with your contact details and one of our team members shall be in contact with you promptly.
Fill your email below to subscribe to our newsletter